It’s imperative to up your car care routine during the summer season, especially in Arizona. Whether you’re focused on preventative maintenance or planning to venture out on a road trip, don’t let the triple-digit temperatures impact your vehicle.
Following best practices for auto maintenance can make all the difference when it comes to protecting your vehicle. Here are a few summer car care tips:
- Wax often. Carnuba wax provides protection against ultraviolet (UV) rays, which cause damage to your car’s paint and contribute to a dull, lackluster shine. During summer months, coat your vehicle every six weeks to ensure your car’s exterior is preserved. Looking for a longer term option? Cobblestone’s diamond plate car detailing service provides a polymer-based ceramic coating for heavy-duty protection. This service lasts up to seven years and includes a full exterior detail.
- Check your car battery. It’s no surprise that most car batteries typically give out during summer temperatures. Heat wreaks havoc on car batteries, which is why they tend to last only two to three years in Arizona’s hot climate. If you haven’t changed your car’s battery recently, consider doing so in the near future. Unsure where your car battery stands? Cobblestone can give you peace of mind during the summer and throughout the year with a free battery check with each oil or lube service.
- Replenish fluids. Monitor your car’s fluids closely! It’s important to regularly maintain proper levels of radiator coolant, ensure your oil is changed on a routine basis and refill your windshield wiper spray. This will prevent your car from overheating during the summer months.
- Prepare your tires. Did you know that with every 10 degrees of temperature variation, tires can lose up to one pound of air pressure? Daily changes in weather can cause your tires to flatten out sooner rather than later. Schedule an oil change at Cobblestone and we’ll take care of your vehicle’s tire rotation and check the tire pressure for free.
- Pay attention to the details. From changing your air filters to switching out old windshield wiper blades, the smallest details can make a difference when it comes to the quality and longevity of your vehicle. Replacing engine air filters allows your car to operate at its best and replacing your cabin air filters ensures cool and efficient air conditioning inside your vehicle. This is a must during Arizona summers!
At Cobblestone, we follow a triple check process with every lube service and stand by our work to ensure your satisfaction. We also offer added value to your experience by including a free standard car wash with every lube service.
Safety is a top priority at Cobblestone and your satisfaction is important to us. We follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to keep our customers and employees safe. Our team members wear face masks and provide complimentary disinfectant fogging before each full-service car wash.
For more information on Cobblestone’s outstanding services, visit Cobblestone.com.