We’ve made some updates to our car washes to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees. Our modified process includes the same high-quality service from experienced professionals with additional sanitation efforts, a stay-in-your-vehicle wash option and interior car disinfectant.
So, is it safe to take your car to the car wash amidst the COVID-19 pandemic? It certainly is at Cobblestone. Here are a few changes we’ve made to our car washes during coronavirus:
- A modified full-service car wash. Cobblestone continues to offer full-service car washes, but with a customer option to stay in your vehicle. The result is the same quality wash for your car’s exterior without ever having to leave your vehicle. Looking for touch-free payment options? Purchase a coupon book of washes or an unlimited wash plan and use the barcode sticker on your windshield for contactless payment.
- New disinfecting fog machines. EPA-certified fog machines are now available to disinfect your car and remove 99% of germs and viruses including coronavirus. After the fogging, employees re-sanitize common touchpoints such as the steering wheel, keys and door handles.
- PPE. For the safety of everyone, all employees are now wearing gloves. Employees working on interior cleaning and sanitation are also required to wear masks. Lastly, Cobblestone employees undergo a health check before beginning each shift to make sure no one is ill while at work.
- Constant sanitation efforts. From the gas pumps, store interiors and self-serve stations, employees are routinely sanitizing every two hours at minimum, including stores open 24/7. Cobblestone has also installed protective glass partitions at convenience store cashier stations and implemented a process to disinfect all items involved in checking out.
For those looking for a DIY stay-at-home car wash option that still has a professional touch, here are a few tips:
- Use proper soap. Purchase a quality soap. Dishwasher or hand soap will strip your vehicle of any protective wax or paint sealant from your car’s surface, while accelerating the dry out of your car’s paint.
- No beach towels, please. A soft microfiber towel is your best bet when drying your vehicle. Using a standard beach or bath towel will create micro scratches in the paint.
- Use soft water whenever possible. Arizona’s calcified water tends to leave hard water stains. Make sure to avoid the air-dry method as well, as that will only make hard water stains more pronounced.
- Wax on. Use a standard spray-on wax as a finishing touch to add a layer of protection to your car. Any wax option for your car is better than no coating at all.
Cobblestone’s full-service and express car wash options have all been enhanced and are a safe and reliable option. For more information on Cobblestone’s safety efforts and car wash services during coronavirus, visit cobblestone.com or call us at (602) 788-9274.