Preparing Your Vehicle for a Long Road Trip
Hitting the open road for a long road trip can be fun and exciting. Before leaving home, it is a good idea to prepare for your trip and ensure your vehicle is operating correctly, to avoid unexpected breakdowns far away from home, with the following tips.
- Visit a car detailing service. Stop by our local Cobblestone Auto Spa and get the car detailed inside and out, and waxed. Also get your oil changed, AC serviced, and other preventative maintenance.
- Check your tire pressure and tread. Make sure the tires are filled to the correct pressure and have sufficient tread. Remember to check the spare tire, too.
- Pack an “essential” tool kit. In the event of an unexpected problem, you will want access to various tools, like screwdrivers, adjustable pliers, wrenches, and a socket set, as well as duct tape, an extra gallon of premixed coolant, roadside flares, fix-a-flat, and a first aid kit.
- Change your wiper blades. The hot Arizona sun can cause the rubber on the wiper blades to harden and crack. Replace the wiper blades with new ones before long trips to ensure visibility can be maintained during rainy or snowy days on the road.
- Get new brake pads, if needed. The pads should only be worn about half way down before a long road trip. If there is less than half of the original pad left, get them replaced.
By taking the time to prepare your vehicle for a long road trip with help from Cobblestone Auto Spa, you can reduce the likelihood of car trouble while away from home. Call us at (602) 788-9274 for directions to our nearest location!