As you are planning your summer vacation and weekend road trips, it is important to make sure your vehicle is prepared for the journey to avoid unexpected roadside breakdowns, overheated radiators, and nonworking ACs.
1. Get the oil and oil filter changed.
2. Check your air filter and replace it if dirty.
3. Check the pressure in your tires and remember the spare.
4. Have the battery tested and replace it if it is old or not holding a charge.
5. Change your wiper blades and top off the washer fluid.
6. Have the AC system charged.
7. Have the cooling system drained, flushed, and refilled.
8. Check all headlamps, taillights, and turn signal lights and replace burnt-out bulbs.
9. Inspect the rubber hoses and belts for signs of wear and replace them if cracked or bulging.
10. Get a set of jumper cables.
11. Check the remaining tread on the tires and replace tires in sets, as needed.
Most of the above services you can get done at one of our full-service auto spas in the Phoenix area. In addition, make sure you have an emergency roadside kit packed, which should include:
- Spare Tire
- Car Jack
- A Case of Bottled Water
- Dry Snacks
- First Aid Kit
- Roadside Flares
- Spare “Instant” Chargers for Your Smartphone
- A Basic Tool Kit
- Duct Tape
Bring your vehicle to your nearest Cobblestone Auto Spa location to keep it clean and running great all summer long. Call us at (602) 788-9274 to get directions or ask about our current specials!